No, Workers’ Compensation will pay you 70% of your average weekly gross salary and that is only if the Workers’ Compensation doctor keeps you out of work for more than seven (7) days. If you are not out more than seven (7) days or if you see a doctor not authorized, you will, likely, not be paid for the time you missed from work.

Thus, it is very important that you see a doctor approved by your employer or the Insurance Company as soon a possible as they do not have to honor the recommendations of doctors not approved by them.

Therefore, if you injure yourself at work, report it immediately and ask for the name and address of a doctor. If your employer refuses to give you the name of a doctor or avoids responding to your requests altogether, keep asking, but, also, speak to an attorney as soon as possible because you need to see a doctor right away.